Shotcrete in Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN
Bigelow and Company specializes in Shotcrete application for the Minnesota commercial and industrial concrete construction industry.
Shotcrete is concrete (or sometimes mortar) conveyed through a pressurized hose and projected at high velocity onto a receiving surface or structural shapes such as walls, floors, roofs, and other assemblies. While the material component of shotcrete is essentially concrete, the process of shotcrete application is unique. It involves pneumatic projection so that compaction is achieved on the receiving surface.
The Advantages of Shotcrete:
- Can be applied to any surface is suitable for accepting fresh concrete including wood, steel, and polystyrene.
- Strong, durable, resistant to fires, mold, insects and vermin.
- Has low permeability, good thermal mass, and creates tight envelopes.
- The placement process provides fast erection, particularly on complex forms or shapes including curved walls and arches.
- Cost effective due to the speed of construction and minimal equipment requirements.
- Finishes can be applied to shotcrete walls while the material is still fresh.
We are Shotcrete Specialists
Since shotcrete is a specialized concrete application technique, it’s important to choose a certified shotcrete contractor. Bigelow and Company is shotcrete certified with a thorough understanding of the products used in commercial and industrial construction industry. Our shotcrete experts can help you select the best fit with shotcrete pumps, fibers, plasticisers and retarders to match your project needs.
For more information about how Bigelow and Company’s certified shotcrete specialists can help your project, send us an email, give us a call (763) 999-5555, or fill out our contact form – we’re here to help.